Yonkers Partners In Education submitted the winning entry to our “Worst Of Westchester” contest. They needed to attract funders and volunteers through a website that was strategic, not sophomoric — and one that could effectively tell their story in a powerful and compelling way.
The old site was difficult to navigate, looked outdated and could only be updated by going back to the original developer, a timely and costly endeavor.
We began with a discovery session to assess key audiences and information areas. Armed with that information we created;
- Improved site architecture for better navigation
- Content management system so staff could add and update information in-house
- Customized theme and templates that were more representative of the sophisticated organization
- Custom contact forms to gather vital information from stakeholders and have it sent to the right personnel
- Integrated blog to highlight newer events and information without losing past posts
- Links to social media channels
- Google analytics for tracking site visitors
- SEO plugin to optimize search engine results
We used WordPress as a Content Management System that would allow staff to easily update the site and add new content.
The new site architecture allowed for ease of navigation of current content as well as to easily absorb additional content developed over time.
The new site provided the sophisticated look befitting the organization.
“We are so thrilled with the gift that we received! Our new website is sophisticated, beautiful and easy to navigate. We are incredibly grateful to Jann for her brilliance, skill, patience and generosity. Who would have thought that being the Worst of Westchester would result in making us among the best! YPIE’s goal is to increase the number of Yonkers students who complete a post-secondary program and this new website is a wonderful tool for us to reach the public.”
– Wendy Nadel, Executive Director