Support Connection, headquartered in Yorktown, NY, has a site that had grown over years and as it did so the site organization became cluttered and cumbersome. With no search functionality clients and donors found it difficult navigate. The site looked dated and was not optimized for mobile devices. An update was needed to better represent this vital, bustling organization.
Support Connection contacted us to help them restructure, redesign and rethink their website. There were several “must haves” identified early on;
- A responsive layout for mobile visitors
- An integrated calendar for the plethora of programs, meetings and events held throughout the month
- An integrated donation form so donors didn’t have to leave the site to contribute
- A widgetized area on the home page to highlight their Support-A-Walk during the months leading up to the event but could be hidden when not needed
- A flexible site architecture that would grow and change as the organization itself grows
We began by identifying key stakeholders and the information most relevant to each group. Armed with this information we were able to create a content development strategy; what content would be needed at launch and what content would be added over time.
The back-end got no less attention. Care was taken to ensure the site was simple to manage for the small staff without any specialized technical skills. Onsite training and a written tutorial were provided to ease the process.
The site was well received at launch and the client was thrilled with the results.
What The Client Had to Say
“We received a call today from a business in Katonah that has decided to do a fundraising event on our behalf. When Kathy [Quinn, Executive Director] asked the business owner how she heard of us, she said she found us via a Google search. (She was looking for a local breast cancer organization to contribute to.) She told Kathy that after viewing the video on the homepage of our website, and going through the rest of the information on the website, she was convinced that Support Connection was the right organization for them to support.
We wanted to share this with you so you can see hard evidence of the impact you’ve had! Thank you Jann, for your guidance and expertise on building a better and more effective website for us! We could not be more grateful!”
– Barbara Cervoni, Director, Services and Communication